As a light-emitting device, LED has attracted much attention, and it has advantages over other light-emitting devices. In summary, LED has the following advantages:
(1) Long working life: LED is a kind of conductor solid-state light-emitting device, which has a longer working life than other illuminators. Its brightness half-life can usually reach 100,000 hours. If the LED is used to replace the traditional automotive lamp, its life will be much longer than the life of the car body, and it has the characteristics of no need to repair and replace it for life.
(2) Low power consumption: LED is a low-voltage working device, so under the same brightness, the power consumption is the smallest, which can greatly reduce the energy consumption. On the contrary, with the development of processes and materials in the future, it will have higher luminous efficiency. People have calculated that if Japan's lighting fixtures are all replaced by LEDs, it can reduce two large power plants, which is very beneficial to environmental protection.
(3) Fast response time: LEDs can generally respond within tens of milliseconds (ns), so it is a way to tell the device that this is something that other sources can't match. The use of LEDs to make high-position brake lights for automobiles has greatly improved the safety of automobiles at high speeds.
(4) Small size, light weight and resistance to attack: This is an inherent feature of semiconductor solid devices. Color LEDs can produce a variety of clear and sophisticated display devices.
(5) Easy to dim, color, and controllability: As a kind of light-emitting device, LED can control the brightness by flowing current changes, and can also realize color change and adjustment through the configuration of LEDs with different wavelengths. Therefore, the light source or display screen composed of LEDs is easy to achieve the needs of various applications through electronic control, and it is extremely difficult to be compatible with IC computers. In addition, the application of the LED light source is in principle not restricted by flaws, and the plasticity is extremely strong, and can be arbitrarily extended to realize modular assembly. At present, the color display of the large screen is not the LED.
(6) The light source made of LED does not have environmental pollutants such as mercury and lead, and will not pollute the environment. Therefore, it is well deserved to call the LED light source a "green" light source.